Mike Rivers' Blog Headline Animator

Monday, August 27, 2007


On becoming a father

Last Wednesday, I became a dad. My daughter, Vivian Lacy Rivers, was born at 8:55 am. She was 8 pounds 11.6 ounces and 21 inches long. I have a new found respect for my wife (and I respected the heck out of her before).

Now that's a life changing event.

I feel a tremendous sense of responsibility to help this little being. My wife and I have been reading about child rearing and preparing for it for well over a year and a half.

My wife was trained as a chemist and I was trained as an engineer, and we're both avid schedule makers and precise planners. You can guess what the first week has looked and felt like to us. Pure chaos.

We're adjusting, though, and we both feel more purpose and humility than ever before. I can't wait to be a guide for her discovering life, and I'm sure I'll be growing right with her because I have so much to learn, too.

Nothing in this blog should be considered investment, financial, tax, or legal advice. The opinions, estimates and projections contained herein are subject to change without notice. Information throughout this blog has been obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable, but such accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

No comments: