Mike Rivers' Blog Headline Animator

Friday, April 04, 2008

Manhattan

On a lighter note, I made my first trip to New York City, and Manhattan in particular, last weekend.

Considering I grew up in Washington, D.C., and love investing and history, it's startling that I made my first trip as a 37 year old.

Wow. Wow! WOW!!! I had an absolute blast (although flying with a 7 month old was a challenge)!

What an amazing place. I did touristy things, like Times Square, Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, but I also enjoyed some outstanding dining and just hanging out.

Of course, I made the obligatory pilgrimage to Wall Street. I was awestruck standing in front of the House of Morgan, the NYSE and just being in the financial district of the financial capital of the world.

It's a wonderful place and I'm already looking forward to going back.

Nothing in this blog should be considered investment, financial, tax, or legal advice. The opinions, estimates and projections contained herein are subject to change without notice. Information throughout this blog has been obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable, but such accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

1 comment:

moneythoughts said...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind remarks.

I was working for the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation as a Senior Investment Officer when I was offered a 2-year buyout. I was 63 in October 0f 2005 and the bureau was going through some serious trouble, so I took the 2-year buyout and left.

I am presently looking for a job and would like to be working in the investment business again, but I am not moving from Cincinnati. I can travel and still feel I can make a contribution, but at 65 no one is interested. So, I decided to write a blog. I write Monday through Friday and post my art work on Saturdays.

So, at 37, you finally made it to NYC. Yes, it is a city like no other. I have many stories about visits to NYC on business. Don't be too impressed. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and me. Masters of the Universe? Hardly. Legends in their own minds. Too frequently. They screw up too, only their screw ups have more zeros.

Good Luck and Remember, your family is the best investment you'll ever make.

Fred