Mike Rivers' Blog Headline Animator

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a great time to invest!

As pessimistic as many of my blogs sound about the stock market as a whole, I must admit I'm very bullish about the specific investments I'm making today.

You see, the market as a whole can be over-valued, or in for a rough ride, and yet you can find specific, long term investments that are very enticing.

I'm finding the best investment opportunities I've seen since the 2002-2003 market trough (when we were coming out of the 2001 recession).

Not only are the investments I'm finding likely to provide excellent returns, they are also higher quality companies than I usually get the opportunity to invest in.

Usually, large, high quality companies are priced at a premium to the market. Today, though, many great businesses are selling at prices that are at distinct discounts to the market and to my assessed business values.

I can't remember a time in the last 12 years where I've been able to buy such premium companies at such low prices!

I don't know when the market will turn, or when my specific investments may out-perform, but I do know I've spent a lot of time assessing their value and I'm very confident that high returns are quite likely over the next 3 to 5 years.

Now, I just need to be patient and wait for the seeds I've planted to sprout and grow. This is a high quality "problem" to have.

Nothing in this blog should be considered investment, financial, tax, or legal advice. The opinions, estimates and projections contained herein are subject to change without notice. Information throughout this blog has been obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable, but such accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

No comments: